10 Things you have not known about India:
India is the seventh-largest country in the world. It is the second-most populous country in the world next to China. Here we will discuss the 10 Things you have not known about India:
- Bollywood: Bollywood’s highest-grossing films make 27 times more than Hollywood’s highest-earning films. Hollywood’s highest-earning film was 2009 Avatar, which made 2.8 billion dollars at the box office. In contrast, Bollywood film 3 Idiots made 76.81 billion dollars at the box office. Moreover, Bollywood produces many profitable films at the box office.
- Shampoo: Shampoo was invented in India in the 16th Century. It was called as Champhu, which meant Massage. The Shampoo invented during those days in India was made from natural herbs and ingredients.
Diamond was first mined in India and was also the World’s greatest producer. India was the most productive diamond mining country in the world until diamond was found in Brazil in the 18th century. The Kohinoor diamond was found in the 13th century. This 793 carat of stone went from person to person and was eventually acquired by Queen Victoria in the British Raj.
4. Kumba Mela:
The largest religious gatherings in India can be seen from space. The attendance goes to around 75 million, making it the largest gatherings on earth. It is also the largest pilgrimage on earth.
5. Ancient Indian Civilisation:
The Ancient Indian Civilisation is the oldest in the world. We often look to Ancient Egypt and Ancient Greece Civilisation, but Ancient Indian civilization dates back to 2400 BC.
6. No National Religion & Language:
India is the home to every major religion and religion and does not have a national language. India has all types of religions; Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism, etc. India has about 1652 dialects and does not have any national language.
7. Polling Station For One Person:
A polling station is set up for one voter (Mahan Das) in the Gir Forest election. A single resident of Gir forest has been voting since 2004 since he is the only resident in the Gir forest. He has a single personal polling station.
8. India invented Yoga, Thorium based nuclear power and World’s cheapest car:
Indians were the first to invent navigation. The world’s cheapest car Tata Nano was invented in India at around 1 lakh rupees.
9. Royal Residence:
You can stay at the Royal Residence of the former Maharajas. Forget about Paris and Switzerland. India has awesome residences. You can enjoy the life of a king by staying at the residence of the king in Jaipur.
10. 1,000,000 Indians are millionaires:
Though the second most populous country in the world, many of the Indians are millionaires. Mukesh Ambani is the richest man in India. Moreover, Shah Rukh Khan is the second richest actor in the World.
Thanks for going through this blog. For more updates, please do comment, share, and subscribe to our website, www.talkerbud.com. This was all about 10 things you have not known about India.