State Bank Of India with 200 years history is the largest commercial bank in India. In terms of asset, deposit, profit, branches, customers and employees SBI is the largest Bank. It also provide many services to its customer and below is one of the best service of SBI, “Internet Banking”. Hope you know it very well what internet banking is and what can it do.
So below is the process how to activate Net Banking in SBI
Net banking is the revolutionary step for the banking industry. Any tasks like passbook printing, cash withdrawal , demand draft preparation, cheque look applications etc., can be performed easily through SBI net banking. Nowadays , netbanking is secured with you debit card redentials and OTP ( One Time Passport) to protect the account holder’s money. In this article,we will find out how to activate net banking in SBI to perform a number of tasks online.
How to Activate Net Banking in SBI
Once you have open a bank account with SBI, you can proceed for self-registration of net banking facility in case of single account holders with SBI ATM card. For joint account holders, contact your bank to complete the formkalities.
- Go to the homepage of SBI netbanking , onlinesbi.com
- Click on “new User Registration/Activation “ link
- Enter account Number, CIF Number, branch code, countr, registered mobile number, the facility required and click on the “submit” button.
- Enter OTP ( one time password) received on your registered mobile number.
- Select ATM card to proceed for activation of the services. If you don’t have an ATM card, your branch will complete the registration process for you.
- Note temporary username and create login password ( The password should be eight character long, a combination of upper and lower case letters, at le3ast one number and one special character) and re-enter the password and click submit to complete the registration process.
- Login with temporary username and newly created password.
- Create a username of your choice that will be your permanent username.
- Accept terms and conditions and set the login password and profile password and select hint questions.
- Enter the date of birth, country of birth and registered mobile number.
- Click on “ Account Summary “ link to view all account mapped with your account.
- If you are registered with “ transaction rights” with a printout of your online registration process.
Dos and Don’ts while Activating Netbanking in SBI
- Keep your ATM card with you while you register for net banking.
- Enter the same mobile number in the registration form that you have previously mentioned in the account opening form.
- Keep you passbook and cheque-book with you. You will get most i9nformation like account number, CIF number and branch details from passbook.
- Never share OTP ( One Time Password) with anyone. You may lose your money from the account if you share OTP with unknowledge.
- Select you password and hint answer that is easy to remember for you, but to guess for anyone else.
- In case of any doubt, directly approach SBI’s branch when you have open the account.
- Never reply to anyone about bank details or net banking user id, password or OTP over phone or email.
State Bank of India (SBI) is the largest bank in the country., it provides banking service to households, small merchants and large corporate and government institution. SBI provides netbanking facility to its customers with different rights and limits of tracscations. You can avail the netbanking facility of SBI if you are sabing or current account holder of SBI. You can submit the application form to register yourself for netbanking. Make sure you have registered you mobile number with the bank. You will receive a “ high- security password” in you mobile every time you perform sensitive financial transations.
SBI Netbanking FAQs
How much time will it take to activate SBI netbanking?
If you are single account holder having ypur ATM card and registered mobli9le number, registration and activation are almost instant when you follow the above process. In case of joint account holders, you have to approach the branch to create credentials for you.
Is SBI net banking safe?
The bank uses most advanced technology to secure ypur information and money. From customer part, basic precautions like secrecy of user id password, OTP and other details will ensure the security of you account.
After registration and activation, i forgot my password of SBI netbanking. What to do?
If you have ATM card, you can reset the password online. Answer it correctly and enter OTP (One Time Password) received in your registered mobile number. You can approach the bank to reset the password.
Thank you for going through this content.