Procedure to Login to your Account
Once you create an account on passport India website, using the respective login id and password you can sign in to your account. And if you are new to this blog the please go back to our previous blog on how to register ourself in passport seva portal and register yourself. For those who have register then please continue.
Step 1 : First visit the official website of the Passport Seva www.passportindia.gov.in.
Step 2: On the left side, you can find the four different colour of the boxes available in Green, Yellow, Blue and Orange.
Step 3: To Login to your account click on “Existing user ?login” option is available in Green colour.
Step 4: Enter your login id and tap on continue button to login and enter your password.
Choose Application type
Step 1: After successfully logged in click on the “Application Home” tab available at the top left corner of the screen.
Step2: Inside the application home, there are so many options available. To applyfor a new passport you need to click on the “Apply for Fresh Passport”.
Step 3: There are two alternative options available to apply for a fresh passport of a passport is given below.
- Alternative 1: Simply fill the form online
- Alternative 2: Download the soft copy of the form, fill it offline and upload the filled form.
Step 4: If you want to apply it online then click on the option “ Click here to fill the application form online”
Step 5: Select the state and your district to be specified under the present Residential Address Section of the application form.
Step 6: In next screen you need to select the some option as given below.
- Applying for : Select the “Fresh Passport ”
- Type of Application : Select Tatkaal option if you would passport fast otherwise select the normal option.
- Type of Passport Booklet: Select any 36 or 60 Page option according to your requirement.
Step 7: After you select above options click on the next button and enter the applicant details.
- Given Name: Enter your first name and middle name ( Maximum 45 characters are allowed & keep in mind Dr. Col, etc types of words are not allowed)
- Surname (Option): Type your surname (Maximum 45 characters are allowed)
- Gender: Select from Male, Female and Transgender.
- Have you ever been known by others (allases): If you known by other names then select yes otherwise select the no option.
- Date of Birth: Enter you birth date as shown in birth certificate (type birth date in DD/MM/YYYY format)
- Is you place of birth out of India?: If your birth place is out of india then select yes otherwise no.
- Place of birth ( Village/town/city): Type your birth Place.
- State/UT: Select your state
- District: Select your district
- Marital Status: Select your marital status from widow/widower, divorced, single and separated.
- Citizenship of India by: Select your citizenship from birth registration /naturalization and descent.
- PAN NUMBER( option): Enter your pan number if available.
- Voter Id(Option) : Enter your voter id card number if available
- Employment Type: Select your current employment type from the different options suitable to you.
- Is either of your parent ( in case of minor)/spouse, a government servant? select no otherwise select yes if you are in.
- Education Qualification: Select your education qualification.
- Is applicant eligible for Non-ECR category: Select option according to youreligibility.
- Visible distinguishing mark: Optional field.
- Aadhar Number: Type your Aadhar Number
After that agree to the terms and condition by click on the yes button and click on the next button.
Next screen enter your Father, mother or legal guardian name if applicant and click on next button.
Present Residential Address
Fill the details such as is your present address outside of India, house number and street name, village/town/city, state/UT, district, police station, pin code, mobile number, email. Id and tap on the next button.
You will redirected to the emergency contact page and enter your name and address mobile number, telephone number and email id of other person.
Identity Certificate/Passport Details
In this page select the option for different fields is given below.
- Have you ever held/hold any identity certificate
- Details of previous/current diplomatic/official passport
- Have you ever applied for passport but not issued.
In this page you need to select the different option according to your profile as shown in below image. If you are applying passport for the first time then select no for all option.
Passport Details Verification
Now verify your details such as your name, address, date of birth, etc. All this shown details are printed on your passport. Make sure all; entered details are correct. Once you verify all details click on next button.
In this page you need to select the proof of birth , proof of present residential address.
If you want to enrol for the passport seva sms service then select yes option it’s cost you Rs.50. after that agree terms and condition and click on the submit form option.
Pay & Schedule Appointment
Step 1: Now you need to schedule the appointment by click on the “pay and Schedule Appointment” option.
Step 2: Select the payment mode form two different option given below.
- Online payment (Internet Banking, Credit card, Debit Card)
- Challan Payment (Pay in cash at SBI Branch)
Step 3. Select the “Online Payment” Option and click on next button. Select the appointment quota>select the desired passport office and click on the next button.
Step 4. After that click on “ pay and book Appointment “ button and you will redirected to the state bank of India multi option payment system to complete the payment.
Step 5: Select your mode of payment. Follow the instruction carefully and make your payment. (Please do not refresh the page while payment is processing)
Step 6. After your payment successful. Your appointment will be booked automatically for the selected passport seva Kendra or passport office.
Step 7: Take a printout of the appointment receipt (ARN) and carry it along while visiting the passport seva Kendra on the given appointment time and date.
Thanks for going through the blog. Please Subscribe for new updates.